|Learning Scope and Sequence
| Level 1
- Starting off from the Korean vowels and consonants, through practices of listening to basic vocabulary and
- speaking accurately, students will be able to express basic sentences and write accurately with correct spelling.
- Students will be able to carry out basic daily expressions such as doing self-introductions and
- basic greetings.
- Prepare the foundation for understanding food culture, common etiquette, and general Korean culture.
- Expand communicative ability in daily life by applying new vocabulary and expressions after learning
- the basic phonology and grammar rules of Korean.
- Able to use commonly used expressions appropriately depending on situations and public locations.
- Learn a higher level of grammar such as using postposition and a lot more variety of Korean expressions.
- By learning and using middle and high level grammar, students are able to express their opinions in
- complex situations in a specific way. Students are able to express their thoughts about their school work and other related things using appropriate professionalized corpus.
- Students will learn the skills needed to debate about a certain topic and be able to persuade the other party.
- Students are able to write in given formats after learning about various styles of writing.
- Students are able to debate and express their opinions on a wide range of topics such as politics, economics,
- society and culture. While doing this, they will cultivate their ability to write and speak persuasively.
- Through specialized writing courses such as taking notes for lectures and writing assignments as well
- as writing up a report in work places, students will be able to write appropriate essays and reports in accurate grammar and format.
- Through an in-depth learning about Korean culture, students are able to understand the general social
- situation in Korea and they are also able to understand linguistic relationships between culture and language.